Monday, December 10, 2012

Entering the Holiday Season!

Since the last time...okay well it's hard to believe more has happened since my last post, but so much has! Dec 1 was the start of a wonderful birthday weekend for me! Because my birthday fell on a Monday this year (Dec 3rd), Chad decided to make the weekend before a birthday extravaganza! So after work on Friday evening, Chad whisked me away a surprise Murder Mystery Comedy Theater Dinner! It was witty and coy, had an excellent 4 course meal, and enjoyed the company of those at our table. Chad was of course picked out by the actors to be pulled up "on stage" and do some impromptu acting, and he was the life of the party. Chad and I were great sleuths, and even figured out the murder with the subtle clues! It was a great night.

Chad was sad that the following morning was rainy and quite cold because he had an entire Saturday outdoor adventure planned with quad riding, gun shooting, a quiet brunch at a cafe tucked away in the hills, etc. This is postponed until further notice and instead, I broke my longtime family tradition, and purchased my Christmas tree BEFORE my birthday. It was our first Christmas tree buying/hauling/decorating experience, and it was grand. We later found that we could have purchased our tree for a fraction of the cost if we had gone to a larger retail store, but we enjoyed our experience at the corner lot down the road that was family owned! We put on Christmas tunes and decorated our beautiful tree together and it was great.
 
We also decided to spoil ourselves for Christmas and indulge in something we've avoided for a while - a new TV. Best Buy was still having Cyber Week deals, and needless to say, we spoiled ourselves. Chad was especially excited about setting up the new 60" screen LG TV that we're mountain in our bedroom!


Then Monday, December 3, my true birthday, my husband spoiled me some more. If he keeps spoiling me like this, I will turn into a brat! He surprised me by sending a beautiful bouquet of multi-colored roses with a sweet card, delivered by my MIL, Kim. She also brought gourmet cupcakes in some of my favorite flavors - red velvet, pumpkin, etc.

 
After the gorgeous flowers and goodies arrived, and may have indulged in a little bit of that goodness, Chad whisked me away once more to a festival of lights and colors, and the holiday spirit - we took a scenic drive down to Riverside where we dined at the Mission Inn, and walked around to view the gorgeous lights!!
 


 
 
And because I thought the lights were just THAT amazing, and the food was THAT delicious, and the ambiance of the decorated outdoors courtyard where we dined was THAT beautiful, we decided to take Chad's mom and grandmother out to the Mission Inn restaurant for THEIR birthdays a few days later!!
 
This past Sunday, 12/09/12, all of Chad's family got together to eat and celebrate Kim and Sandra's birthdays. It was an amazing evening, and such a perfect end to a fun-filled week(end) of birthdays and celebrations!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment